Terms of Reference
Position : Finance Officer
Based : Bogor with extensive travel to SINTAS project sites
Line Manager : Operation Manager
Duration : 1 year (with possibility to extent). Start June 2021
SINTAS Indonesia Foundation (SINTAS), founded by well experienced conservation practitioners who have been dedicating their lifetime professional careers in addressing various major conservation issues. SINTAS, means “survive” and stands for Save the Indonesian Nature and Threatened Species, has been established with the realization that the success of conserving the Indonesia natural resources in the long run can only be achieved through a well-rounded leadership of the Indonesian practitioners. SINTAS believes that through its practical vision and missions, it can promote a sustainable development for both the people and the nature following the CBD’s principle of fair and equitable sharing of benefits. SINTAS programs are focus on: (1) Ensuring national leadership in conserving the Indonesian natural resources; (2) Put in place sound science interventions to ensure effective natural resources management, and; (3) To establishment of effective stakeholders’ partnership to ensure comprehensive sustainable development.
SINTAS programs focus on site-level conservation in Sumatra and Java, with projected development at cross-provincial and island levels. SINTAS also has activities at the national level to support national governments in the management of protected areas, species conservation, law enforcement, and education as well as community empowerment.
SINTAS is currently seeking a passionate and dedicated young professional to serve as a Finance Officer (FO) to support the SINTAS team with partner and program management team which are fundamental to the achievement of the objectives of SINTAS’s strategic plan in Indonesia. The purpose of this job is to work with Operation Manager in managing the procurements, and assets safe documents storage, maintenance of office building, ensure compliance and practice internal controls to minimize the occurrence of fraud in the finance department. The FO is obliged to put in place his/her duties and responsibilities within the organization as highest priorities to avoid conflicts of interest.
SCOPE OF WORK:
Coordination: synchronizes the overall SINTAS projects to ensure that all project components, including but not limited to, internal resources, business partners, and related parties are integrated and coordinated efficiently and effectively.
Management: manages the overall projects resources to ensure that all project components, including human resources, funding, and equipment, are managed and implemented efficiently, effectively and accountably.
Administration and Reporting: prepares of monthly, quarter, annual financial reports under his responsibility, along with all relevant supporting documentation, both in Indonesian and English (as needed), oral and written.
Evaluation: establishes KPIs (key performance indicators) of each project. Uses the KPIs to monitors and evaluates the progress of project implementation in timely manner.
- Supports projects in their financial administration.
- Ensuring the project finance is compliant to SINTAS policies and procedures as well as donor finance procedures, regulations, and guidelines.
- Safeguards the finance control of projects, including budget and periodic progress monitoring and takes actions for overall profitability/financial health in line with the restricted budget.
- This role will coordinate across teams and work closely with program.
Please note that the above TOR constitutes only the main responsibilities and duties of this position. As SINTAS is a flexible organization, staff members are expected to undertake any other tasks that are allocated to them, which are not part of their regular TOR.
This senior position in SINTAS and will be based in Bogor, with regular travel to project sites. The ideal candidate will have:
- A Diploma (5 years experience) or Bachelor (3 years experience) in finance, economic and/or related fields.
- Highly passionate, self-motivated, and maintain professionalism.
- Proven ability to plan and implement financial safeguarding and manage associated budgets.
- Good interpersonal skills to deal with a diverse group of contacts (including government and local stakeholders), and ability to be a team player.
- Knowledgeable and well-experienced in administration and financial tools (e.g. SANGO) and tax administration are preferable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both Indonesian and English are essential.
Please send a cover letter and resume in English, reference letter (minimum 2 persons) to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 10 May 2021 with a subject of “FO_(your name)”. Please indicate your expected salary in the cover letter.
Please also include a portfolio of your previous work or links to blogs or galleries online. No correspondence, only short-listed candidates will be notified.